Are you ready for the country’s biggest, grandest and most anticipated festival in the Philippines? Yes, I am talking about the Sinulog Festival. If you are, here is one more news that will get the social media freak in you more pumped for the festivity.
PLDT in cooperation with the Cebu City Government will be transforming Cebu City into a FREE WiFi hotspot for Sinulog 2012. So get your WiFi gadgets ready, take and share a picture and/or post a status to your social media accounts about your whole Sinulog experience with Cebu City’s FREE PLDT WiFi Zones.
Cebu City’s FREE PLDT WiFi Zones will be free for everyone and users simply need to go to the PLDT booth to register. Here is a list of the locations of the FREE WiFi Zones for Sinulog (and beyond)
· Gen Maximlom Ave (Mango Ave) from Gorordo Ave to Fuente Osmena Circle – permanent
· Fuente Osmena Circle – permanent
· Osmena Blvd. from Fuente Osmena Circle to P. del Rosario St. – permanent
· N. Bacalso Ave from Cebu Provincial South Bus Terminal to P. del Rosario St. – permanent
· P. del Rosario St (covering USC) from Osmena Blvd to Sikatuna St – permanent
· Cebu Sports Complex – temporary installation until Jan. 16 only
· Cebu City Hall covering Magellans Cross and Sto. Nino, Basilica – permanent
· Ceby Provincial Capitol – permanent
· Plaza Independancia – permanent
If you’re main reason of not witnessing the Sinulog Grand Parade is that you just want to spend the day connected to the Internet, then you may want to look for other reasons as the FREE WiFi by PLDT is the answer
After the Sinulog, you can still use the FREE WiFi server by signing up for it. You may visit this page: http://www.pldtwifizone.com/register.html.
Note that PLDT Wifi is a wifi service available in Cebu and Manila for all PLDT subscribers. Charging applies on Jan. 16 and will be as follows:
DSL subs- 150 php on top of their monthly bill
Landline subs- 300 php on top of their monthly bill
Please be careful while using your gadgets while using the WiFi service in the specified locations.